Saturday, April 2, 2011

Society Cafe






Our first night, we at Society Cafe at the Encore. The four of us were completely exhausted, so figured it'd be best to stay close. It was rated by Esquire as one of the best new restaurants. We had reservations for 9, but once we got there we realized that there was no need for reservations, it was pretty dead (actually the whole town was that week). We started with some ahi tuna tartare tacos that were really delicious! I wasn't too hungry for dinner, so I had philly cheesesteak dumplings. They were just okay. Ryan had filet which was good...although we were all jealous of Helena, because she ordered the best thing on the menu: scallops on cauliflower puree. It was outstanding. If I were to go back I'd get the tuna tacos again and the scallops. Our cocktails were delicious (any cocktail with champagane gets my vote!). For dessert Ryan and I split homemade donuts with caramel and chocolate dipping sauce. I was expecting them to be the best donuts ever, and they weren't stellar or anything, but pretty good. On a grading scale, I'd give it a B-. Hard to justify a trip back when there's so many amazing places in Vegas, but perhaps!

http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/dining/society-cafe-encore

No comments:

Post a Comment