Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spotted Pig...go there



The number one place I would return to in NYC is the Spotted Pig. It's located in the West Village and is really a unique, but terrific place. The atmosphere is great and the food is even better. They had organic, local hard cider (yum) and an eclectic without trying too hard menu. We had champ (something we make all the time at home now...basically mashed potatoes with thinly sliced green onions), roasted pork served with a rustic olive tapenade, and gnudi made from ricotta cheese. It was all comforting and new at the same time. We highly recommend this place. They even have their own "chive whisperer" (we watched while their sous chef took 45 minutes to cut chives to make sure they were all the same size, it was weirdly captivating). The only downside of the Spotted Pig were their t-shirts for sale...$40 a pop, um no thanks!

http://thespottedpig.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews about this place, which means I need to add it on my list of restaurants to try. I just checked out their menu and I'll admit--I'm oddly curious about the beef tongue. :) But we'll be skipping the T-shirt purchase, too. $40?!

    ReplyDelete