Friday, December 31, 2010

Touring the city through food night!





Our second night in Savannah, we could not decide and pick only one place for dinner...so we went to them all! We went to five places (ate at two, and drank at all, dessert at one!).

Our first stop was at Circa. We've been there many times when it was just a bar, but were excited to try it now that they have a brasserie-inspired menu. I had the frisee salad with lardons (they grilled the greens, giving it a wonderful taste and texture) and Ryan had the mussels (my mom was right, they are delicious just a little fennel-heavy). They offer a nice wine by the glass selection. We will have to go back and try other things off the menu. Stop one was successful...

Second stop...not so much. After Circa we went to Jazz'd. We have walked passed and ready about this tapas bar many times. We went and sat at the bar and had a bellini martini (yum), but were not impressed by the tapas menu, so skipped food. The bar was totally dead except for a table of impressively-drunk people (keep in mind this is seven o'clock on a Monday...). The drinks were good, but I don't think I would come back here. We were kind of bummed there was no live music either.

Next up was Alligator Soul. Any restaurant with "alligator" in the name of it, we had to try! This place has one of the most interesting menus I have ever seen. Again, we sat at the bar and had a lovely conversation with our bartender. She was truly passionate about her craft, and her creativty shone through when discussing drinks and wine. We started off with a fleur champagne cockail, complete with an edible hibiscus flower and ended on a wine flight with three delicious varieties. We both ordered appetizers again, but next time the entree selection is very tempting. Ryan had a cheese platter. It was good, not great. The grapes that came with it were a little old, and the cheese wasn't anything unique. My appetizer on the other hand, was quite possibly one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life! I had their version of shrimp and grits. The shrimp were grilled and on top was a spicy chipotle sauce. If I go back, I will definitely have this!

Our fourth stop was Murphy's Law Irish pub. Okay, I'll admit, we went every night we were there! It had such great bartenders and crowd, that we couldn't resist. It was a lot of fun watching the Falcons MNF game there, especially because the outcome meant I beat Ryan in fantasy football.

Our final stop was Lulu's chocolate bar. I had a bellini and a vanilla strawberry cake and Ryan had a triple chocolate mousse. Both were okay, nothing stellar.

A fantastic night all-in-all!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great idea! I wish there was more music, but it was a Monday night! Great way to travel through Savannah.

    ReplyDelete