Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lunch is served!


This is a quick and easy meal that tastes good and is healthy! I got inspiration from the ingredients from Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism book,it's a great book that talks about the relationship between metabolism and hormones.

Pita:
Slice a whole wheat or low-carb pita in half (keep the other half for lunch tomorrow!), and put in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds to make more pliable and easier to stuff. I stuff my pita with a little bit of cream cheese (in place of mayo), Boar's Head ever-roast chicken breast, halved cherry tomotoes, sliced cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts (or lettuce). You can really sub out whatever veggies you want. I just try to make sure there's more vegetables than meat or cheese. With my pita, I'm having baby carrots and store-bought hummus (it's easy to make at home, but easier to buy!)

2 comments:

  1. Yummm that looks amazing! I love pitas! Way to go Madeline and Ryan. I love it when we eat healthy. I definitely feel better when I eat better, since I've been pregnant I have felt better than ever because I am eating better than ever (plus zero alcohol and tobacco intake is helping me feel amazing too). And as far as your part about trying to buy organic... I read an article that stated not everything needs to be organic, if you peel the skin off the fruit/veg you probably dont need organic, but things like tomatoes should be organic because you eat the skin. Having said that, I do not buy organic. Not in our budget with the baby on the way, but I too wish I could buy more organic! Happy to see you guys are doing so well! Miss all 3 of you :)
    p.s. A good substitute for mashed potatoes is mashed cauliflower (add a little bit of low fat cheese and it's not too bad).

    ReplyDelete