Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Miami Beach






(pictures- Michael Genuine, BLT Steak, Living room at W, and view from Plunge at Ganesvoort)
After Lebron signed with the Heat, I figured I should go check it out too..just kidding! My mom had to renew her passport and had to go down so she asked me to join her for a night. We got a great deal at the Ganesvoort hotel right on the beach in Miami. It was a great hotel, but not quite 5 stars. Everyone there was European and very snazzy! We started our afternoon with cocktails and swimming at the rooftop plunge pool. Afterwards we got changed and walked to the W and enjoyed the best drinks of our lives at Living room. I had a blueberry fizz and my mom had a cucumber margarita. We had dinner at BLK Steak (a great restaurant, but totally dead!). I had the tuna tartare for my appetizer and NY strip for entree. It came with the most delicious popovers. Too bad I was trying to watch my carb intake, otherwise I would've eaten about a dozen of those things! My mom had the rib eye and creamed spinach. It was enough food I was able to take the leftovers home for Ryan! Afterwards we went back to Plunge and watched as a thunderstorm rolled in off of the Atlantic. It was spectacular! The next day I went to the infinity pool that overlooked the ocean. We had lunch at Michael's Genuine in the design district (I had a falaffel and my mom had a Korean style barbeque sandwich...both were really good). I totally want to go back next time I'm in Miami. It was a quick trip but lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment