Sunday, February 21, 2010

School lunch?


So I'm sure you remember when you were in school and how awful school lunches were...well, they haven't improved. Granted things are a little healthier and there are more options, but the taste, well...is non-existant and unnatural. As a teacher, we only get about 20 minutes to eat...after dropping our kids off in the cafeteria and doing other required duties; so lunch has to be quick, easy, and keep us full for the rest of the (exhausting) day. On lazy days, I opt for sandwiches or leftovers (not bad options really). When I have time to plan ahead, my favorite lunch is salad. My favorite go-to salad is pictured above in tupperware all ready to go for Monday morning. It consists of homemade creamy vinaigrette (a little mayo, whole-grain mustard, balsamic vinegar, and really good quality extra virgin olive oil), baby spinach, bacon, sliced granny smith apple, and crumbled goat cheese. It is delicious and keeps well until "A" lunch begins. This salad, along with a coke zero, is just what I need to get me through 7 hours of middle schoolers (I really do love them, but they are tiring!). Hope this easy lunch idea will work for you sometime..it's really yummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment