Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mall food?


Normally I avoid eating at malls at all costs, but there is one major exception: Cosimo's Brick Oven. It's been at Sarasota Southgate Mall since I was in high school and the quality hasn't changed. Ryan and I were doing some shopping and treating ourselves for lunch at Cosimo's. Granted, it's a little pricier than most of our lunch bills, but hey we were teachers who had a very long week! I get hardcore cravings for Cosimo's. Of the 100 times I've gone, 98 of those times I've gotten the same thing: spicy chicken fusili. It is so good. I'm tempted to write into a food magazine and see if they can snag their recipe for this. It is seriously yummy. The best part is that they give you so much, I got to have part two for breakfast on Sunday (weird I know, but we had yet to go grocery shopping, so it worked). When I was going through my month-long vegetarian kick, I got it without the chicken, and it was nearly as good (with enough grated parmesan, who could miss the sliced chicken breast?? Speaking of which, does anybody else ever feel guilty when the waiter is grating cheese over your meal? Secretly I want them to keep going and add more, but my guilty conscience always says "that's good" way before I have my prefered cheesy-ness...but I digress). Ryan is the adventurous one and tries different things, usually the daily specials. On Saturday he got the eggplant parmesan lunch entree with the portobello chowder. Both were yummy. The chicken blt sandwich is always really delicious. So take my advice, if you can handle braving the hoardes of old people, give Cosimo's a try (I know my mom is in charge of tourism in Sarasota so it's good news for her that all the snow birds are in town, but I think it's seriously annoying!). The service is a little to be desired, but the food makes up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment